Archive for March, 2008

Meeting 18/03/08 – notes

March 18, 2008

Date:

18/03/2008

 

Location:

Library 129

 

Present:

Vijay, Lian, Richard, Ash, Pan

 

Apologies:

Ben, Matt, Paul, Seb, Parag, Shazad

 

Items discussed:

 

  1. Agreed agenda
  2. Trailer format & requirements
  3. Documentary
  4. Milestone 2 requirements
  5. Game format
  6. Any other business
  7. Ratify minutes
  8. Next meeting

 

2.                  The trailer being prepared for milestone 02 will be 1.30 minutes (90 seconds) long, it was agreed that there would be 15 seconds of intro, 60 seconds of explanation of the product in the ‘body’ and a 15 second outro.

a.      Filming for the trailer will require 3 people plus Pan

                                                              i.      Parag and Vijay will attend, 1 more volunteer is required to film on Thursday 20/03/08

                                                             ii.      Pan to look into whether a risk assessment is required

b.      All content for the trailer (3d, audio) is to be submitted to Pan on Wednesday 26/03/08

3.                  Seb to update the group on the documentary and for editing to begin

4.                  Milestone 02 will be far more media-rich than any of the presentations to date, each type of ‘media’ present within the product will be presented, i.e.

a.      examples of all in-game audio – original music, sound effects and collected music

b.      3d animations – both in-game and for advertising purposes

c.      tutorial “demo” of the game – video walkthrough of how to play the game

d.      new trailer

e.      clips from the documentary – band interviews etc

f.       all branding, advertising and imagery

g.      Working model of the game

5.                  Ben needs to provide Pan with details of how the ‘quiz’ section of the game will look for inclusion in the next trailer.

a.      Ash and Richard will start to write up questions to be included in the quiz

6.                  Other Business

a.      Ash to get a detailed breakdown of how the marks are distributed from Richard and Simon

b.      Ben to update the group on requirements for content submission

c.      Name of the game to be decided on

Next meeting:

Wednesday 26/03/2008, Time and location to be confirmed

Advertisements

Meeting 14/03/08 – notes

March 18, 2008

Date:

14/03/2008

 

Location:

Library 127

 

Present:

Paul, Parag, Vijay, Shazad, Lian, Ash, Pan

 
Apologies:

Seb, Ben, Matt, Richard

  
Items discussed:

 

  1. Agree agenda
  2. Discuss feedback from milestone 1
    1. Game
    2. Audio
    3. Video
  3. Draw up detailed list of responsibilities
  4. Prepare milestone 2 presentation
  5. Any other business
  6. Ratify minutes
  7. Next meeting

 

2.                  a.  Game – Ben to confirm he can introduce a 3rd axis to the game (i.e. make it 3d)

b.      Audio – the following audio needs to be created:

a.      Sound effects for the character/logo

b.      Sound effects for the ‘in game’ action (impact sounds etc)

c.      ‘Winning’ music to be played when someone wins

d.      ‘Tense’ ambient beds to be produced for the quiz style game

e.      ‘Winning’ music to be played when question is answered correctly

f.       ‘Winning’ music to be played when player wins quiz game

c.      Video – A storyboard is needed for the trailer for milestone 02

3.                  Not discussed

4.                  Preparation will begin immediately for milestone 02 presentation

a.      18-03-2008 – Storyboard trailer for milestone 02 presentation and shooting list

b.      25-0305-03-2008 – All content to be handed over to Pan (3d, audio, video) for milestone 02 trailer

c.      31-03-2008 – Pan to deliver trailer and hand back to sfx team who will then synchronise the sound effects to the appropriate visual cues

d.     01-04-2008

                                                              i.      SFX track is handed back to Pan for final compositing

                                                             ii.      Powerpoint presentation is created

e.      02-04-2008 – Mock presentation

f.       03-04-2008 – Milestone 02 presentation


Action points:

  • Variety of music to be composed to be played ‘in game’ – Paul
  • SFX created for milestone 02 trailer and final game – Ash & Seb
  • Logo to be animated into a variety (10-15) of 3-second ‘stings’ – Vijay
  • Recording tracks with 2 bands – Parag, Matt & Rich
  • Copy for narration to be written and recorded – Ash & Paul
  • Deadlines for content required for game to be specified – Ben
  • Final advertising materials to be produced and branded powerpoint template to be created – Shazad & Lian


Next meeting:

Tuesday 18/03/2008, 11:00-13:00, Library Room 129.TBC

Meeting 14-03-08 12:00-13:00 Library Room 127 – proposed agenda

March 14, 2008

Masters Group Project

Meeting – 14/03/2008 – 12:00 – Library room 127

 

Proposed Agenda:

 

  1. Agree agenda
  2. Discuss feedback from milestone 1
    1. Game
    2. Audio
    3. Video
  3. Draw up detailed list of responsibilities
  4. Prepare milestone 2 presentation
  5. Any other business
  6. Ratify minutes
  7. Next meeting

Milestone 01 – feedback

March 14, 2008

Feedback 01 – Key points:

  • Player to be able to choose between Pong or Question games
  • Cubes (BBC) logo was preferred as the most polished/professional
  • Logos for product and company should be separate (the company logo is not important)
  • Check for copyright issues on Pong game

 

Feedback 02 – Key points:

  • Presentation
    • Include more media elements
    • Handouts with branding
    • Branding to be included on all content
    • More enthusiasm
    • Rehearse what you’re going to say
  • Trailer
    • Wasn’t clear enough what the product was
  • Product
    • The group is behind on product development
    • Breakdown content
      • Identify and detail every contribution
        • E.g. how many minutes of audio required/supplied etc
    • Replayability? High scores record etc
    • How will songs be played back
      • What media will accompany them, how will it look
    • Higher standard of in-game, interactive audio
    • Music to match game
      • “Winning” music played
    • Define branding better
  • Milestone 2
    • Thursday 03-04-2008
    • Use whoever still hasn’t presented
    • Everything must be finished (“final draft”) to allow for final ‘tweaks’
      • Playable version of the game
    • New trailer
    • Well-defined list of roles and content being produced/work done
    • Complete set of marketing materials

Meeting – 12-03-08 – 12:00-14:00 Library Room 129 – proposed agenda

March 12, 2008

Masters Group Project

Meeting – 12/03/2008 – 12:00 – Library room 129

 

Proposed Agenda:

 

  1. Agree agenda
  2. Branding/advertising materials presentation
  3. Prepare milestone 1 presentation
  4. Any other business
  5. Ratify minutes
  6. Next meeting

Meeting – 11-03-08 – Library Room 131a – Notes

March 12, 2008

Date:

11/03/2008

 

Location:

Library 131a

 

Present:

Seb, Paul, Parag, Shazad, Lian, Matt, Richard, Ash, Pan, Ben, Lian

 

 

Apologies:

Vijay

 

 

Items discussed:

 

  1. Agree agenda
  2. Teaser Trailer presentation
  3. Branding/advertising materials presentation
  4. Artist liaison presentation
  5. Final presentation spec presentation
  6. Milestone 1 presentation planning
  7. Any other business
  8. Ratify minutes
  9. Next meeting

 

 

2.                  Material for the trailer:

a.      All video footage has been gathered for the trailer – this includes ‘sample’ footage of 2 players ‘playing’ the game and some stills from Millenium Square.

b.      Several 3D animations have been produced showing the logo character displaying a variety of emotions

c.      Music has been produced to soundtrack the trailer.

                                                              i.      The narration has been recorded and added to the audio track

3.                  All advertising materials have been designed

a.      Feedback has been given and will be incorporated into the final design

4.                  Several bands signed up, more to be signed up by the end of the week. Video interviews have been conducted with the bands that have signed up

5.                  Not discussed

6.                  It was decided that Ben would lead the presentation with the following areas being covered:

a.      Group roles – to be presented by Ash

b.      Branding – to be presented by Shazad or Lian

c.      Artists – to be presented by Richard or Matt

d.      3D – to be presented by Vijay

e.      Music – to be presented by Paul

f.       Interactivity – to be presented by Ben

g.      Final presentation spec – to be presented by Ash

    

 

 

 

 

Action points:

  • Trailer to be composited – Pan
  • Advertising materials to be produced – Shazad & Lian
  • Specific parts of the presentation to be prepared – Ben, Ash, Shazad, Lian, Richard, Matt, Vijay, Paul
  • Continue to sign up artists – Matt & Rich

 

 

 

Next meeting:

Wednesday 12/03/2008, 12:00-14:00, Library Room 129

Meeting – 11-03-08 – 14:00 – Library Room 131a – Proposed Agenda

March 12, 2008

Masters Group Project

Meeting – 11/03/2008 – 14:00 – Library room 131a

 

Proposed Agenda:

 

  1. Agree agenda
  2. Teaser Trailer presentation
  3. Branding/advertising materials presentation
  4. Artist liaison presentation
  5. Final presentation spec presentation
  6. Milestone 1 presentation planning
  7. Any other business
  8. Ratify minutes
  9. Next meeting

Meeting – 07-03-2008 – Library Room 127 – notes

March 12, 2008

Date:

07/03/2008

 

Location:

Library 127

 

Present:

Seb, Paul, Parag, Vijay, Shazad, Lian, Matt, Richard, Ash, Pan

Apologies:

Ben, Lian

 

 

Items discussed:

 

  1. Agree agenda
  2. Teaser Trailer update
    1. Video
    2. Music
    3. 3D
  3. Branding/advertising materials update
  4. Artist liaison update
  5. Final presentation spec update
  6. Milestone 1 presentation update
  7. Any other business
  8. Ratify minutes
  9. Next meeting

 

2.                  a.  Video – Seb has been to Millenium Square – the ice rink is still up – enquiries as to when it would be taken down indicated the square would be clear for shooting on Friday afternoon before a stage is put up for Saturday. Permission has been granted to shoot from the upper floors of the Electric Press.

                                                              i.      Pan has supplied Seb with a list of required shots and diagrams indicating where these can be obtained in the Square

b.      Music – Paul presented a 30-second clip, it was liked by the group as it was felt it was suitably interesting but would still provide an adequate bed if we wished to add any narration to the trailer

c.      Vijay presented his 3d modelling and animation of the logo character, it was liked by the group and he will create several different animation sequences displaying a variety of emotions

3.                  Shazad presented several designs for business cards and posters to advertise the project – he will liaise with Pan to get these printed onto suitable paper.

4.                  Richard and Matt have several artists already signed up, they have been liaising with Seb to get video interviews

5.                  Ash checked with the group as to what we expect to present in the final presentation

6.                  It was decided the presentation would be fully constructed and have a trial run-through next Wednesday afternoon – by which time all of the multimedia content would be complete

9.       The next meeting will be on Tuesday 11-03-2008 at 14:00 – Pan to book the room

 

 

 

Action points:

  • Trailer to be composited – Pan, Seb, Vijay, Paul
  • Final presentation spec to be written up – Ash
  • Artists who have agreed to take part to sign release form – Matt & Rich
  • Advertising materials to be produced – Shazad & Lian
  • Logo to be animated into a variety of ‘emotions’ – Vijay
  • Bands/artists to continue to be contacted – Richard, Matt and Ash

 

 

 Next meeting:

Tuesday 11/03/2008, 14:00-15:00, Library Room 131a

Meeting – 07/03/08 – 12:00 – Library room 127 – proposed agenda

March 7, 2008

Masters Group Project

Meeting – 07/03/2008 – 12:00 – Library room 127

 

Proposed Agenda:

 

  1. Agree agenda
  2. Teaser Trailer update
    1. Video
    2. Music
    3. 3D
  3. Branding/advertising materials update
  4. Artist liaison update
  5. Final presentation spec update
  6. Milestone 1 presentation update
  7. Any other business
  8. Ratify minutes
  9. Next meeting

Meeting – 03/03/08 – notes

March 7, 2008

Date:

04/03/2008

Location:

Library 127

 
Present:

Seb, Paul, Parag, Vijay, Shazad, Lian, Matt, Richard, Ash, Pan

Apologies:

Ben

 
Items discussed:

 

  1. Agree agenda
  2. Finalise product
  3. Teaser Trailer update
  4. Artist liaison update
  5. Finalise group roles
  6. Update on final presentation spec
  7. Any other business
  8. Ratify minutes
  9. Next meeting

 

2. It was agreed that the product would take the following format:

  • 2-player game
  • At the start of the game each player selects a song they wish to hear (songs are provided by local bands)
  • The players then play a ‘pong’ style game
  • If a player wins the point then they are asked a question related to Leeds/local bands
  • If they get the question right then the song they selected at the start is played, if they get the question wrong then they return to the ‘pong’ style game to play for another point.

 
3. Seb will be leading on the trailer. The trailer will comprise the following elements:

  • Logo/Animation, Music, Video
  • Vijay will animate the logo designed by Shazad and Lian to go at the start and end of the trailer
  • Paul and Seb will compose music to soundtrack the trailer
  • Seb will shoot some ‘example’ footage in Millenium Square of 2 ‘players’ ‘playing’ the game, he will also shoot footage of the Big Screen for the sample footage to be layered onto.
  • Animated elements will be created to simulate what the game would look like.
  • Pan and Seb will combine all of the elements into the finished 30-second trailer.

 

4. Richard and Matt have received positive responses from around 10 artists, they are currently drawing up a release form – which they will liaise with Ash about. They aim to have around 15-20 artists signed up by the end of next week.

 
5. The group roles were agreed upon as detailed in the document circulated by Ash

6. Not addressed.

7. For the milestone 1 presentation the following group members will be involved:

·         Seb – will present the trailer

·         Richard & Matt – will present the artists who will be involved, this will be accompanied by some media feedback (vox pops or similar) with feedback from the artists/public about the project

·         Shazad & Lian – will present all advertising materials

·         Vijay – will discuss the animation of the logo

·         Ash – will explain the group roles and give the specification for the final presentation


Action points:

  • All branding and advertising materials to be completed by Friday – Shazad and Lian
  • All music to be composed for trailer by Friday – Paul
  • All video shot for trailer Friday – Seb
  • Release form completed by Friday – Richard, Matt and Ash
  • Logo to be animated into a short sequence – Vijay
  • Bands/artists to be contacted – Richard, Matt and Ash

 

 

 

Next meeting:

Friday 07/03/2008, 12:00-13:00, Library Room 127

Meeting – 04/03/2008 – 14:30 – Library room 127 – proposed agenda

March 3, 2008

Masters Group Project

Meeting – 04/03/2008 – 14:30 – Library room 127

 

Proposed Agenda:

 

  1. Agree agenda
  2. Finalise product
  3. Teaser Trailer update
  4. Artist liaison update
  5. Finalise group roles
  6. Update on final presentation spec
  7. Any other business
  8. Ratify minutes
  9. Next meeting

Meeting guidelines

March 3, 2008

Masters Group Project

Meeting guidelines and ways of working

 

  1. There will be 3 sub-groups, each sub-group will have a nominated ‘spokesperson’ who will take notes at each sub-groups’ meeting. The spokesperson will then email the notes from each meeting to Ash (a.mann@leedsmet.ac.uk)
  2. There will be an early-warning system in place. If for any reason a group member cannot complete the work they have started or cannot attend a meeting then they need to give at least 24 hours notice (where possible) to the relevant ‘spokesperson’. In the case of work not being able to be completed the spokesperson will request for relevant group-members to assist.
  3. There will be a fixed agenda at each whole-group (catch-up) meeting, items for the agenda can be added before each meeting but there is a cut-off point (where reasonable) where agenda items cannot be added on the day of the meeting.
  4. There is a general agreement of ‘politeness’ at meetings
  5. Each group member will have a major and minor competency (e.g. Ash: major – project management. minor – audio)
  6. Minutes/notes will be kept of each meeting, Ash will create a template for the meeting notes for each spokesperson to use, the minutes of each meeting are agreed on and ratified at the end of the meeting.
  7. Meetings will be output-orientated with group members bringing examples of work to meetings.
  8. Meetings will be held twice weekly